Saturday night: A few snow showers and even a squall on Saturday night; partly cloudy, brisk and cold. Low: 8
Sunday: Frigid with some sunshine giving way to clouds; a flurry possible in the afternoon and at night, mainly N and W. High: 17 Low: 14
Snow was the big story around the area on Saturday as a clipper system pushed through the region.
A few snow showers and even a heavier squall will continue to affect parts of the area this evening before the storm system quickly pulls away bringing an end to the precipitation.
Snowfall totals from this storm range between 1 and 2 inches for most locations with locally higher amount of 3 inches or slightly more in parts of the area (especially in the higher elevations).
Some minor additional accumulation may be possible this evening, watch for slick conditions on area roadways.
Brisk and cold conditions will dominate overnight with lows dipping into the single digits under partly cloudy skies. Sunday will start off with some sunshine before the cloud cover quickly thickens up once again as another disturbance approaches the region. A late day flurry or snow shower will be possible on Sunday along with bitterly cold temperatures in the teens and a brisk wind. Monday's high temperatures will rebound into the 30s despite a good amount of cloud cover and a few flurries.
- - Support hotline created in Bucks County for first responders
- - Bill Cosby case to stay in Montco, be decided by outside jury
- - Trial date changed for woman accused of shooting, killing ex-husband
- - Judge rules Bill Cosby case to be decided by outside jury
- - Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- - Child sex abuse trial of former councilman gets underway
- - Reproduction of mural fills void of original in Lehighton
- - East Stroudsburg needs $1.8 million for dam repairs
- - NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- - 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying