Today: A sprinkle, mainly northern areas; otherwise, mix of sun and clouds, breezy, quite warm and rather humid. High: 83
Tonight: Mostly cloudy and with a couple of showers toward dawn. Low: 54
Thursday: Mostly cloudy, cooler with a shower on some occasions. High: 71 Low: 56
Yesterday sunshine and warmth set new records in Allentown (85) and Trenton (83) and tied the record high of 85 in Reading.
Today will be another warm, record-challenging day with a mix of sun and clouds. The records are 82 in Allentown set back in 1963 and 84 in Reading also set in 1963. If we don't set or tie the record highs it's going to be awfully close call once again. The skies turn mostly cloudy tonight and by daybreak tomorrow there could be a couple of showers. Low temperatures in the mid 50s.
Occasional showers will then continue through the day tomorrow. Tomorrow will also be warm for this time of year, but not as warm as yesterday and today as temperatures peak around 70 degrees.
Then Friday holds occasional rain, the afternoon and night would be the most likely time for steadier rain as a cold front swings through. Highs on Friday will still be slightly above average in the mid 60s.
A few showers may linger into the weekend on Saturday, but for the most part it's a dry weekend. Both days this weekend will feature some sunshine and much cooler air as highs only make it into the upper 50s. Add to that windy conditions on Saturday and a bit of a breeze on Sunday and it's going to be quite a difference from what we're experiencing outside right now.
- - Moravian men, DeSales women advance to conference championship games
- - PATRIOT LEAGUE: Lehigh men roll past Colgate; Lafayette women fall to Bucknell
- - Quakertown man sentenced for defrauding fraternities, sororities at Lehigh University
- - Meet two ambassadors who are truly amazing
- - Jacob Sullivan, man accused of murdering Grace Packer, waives preliminary hearing
- - Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- - PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- - Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- - Police: Mom caught with meth, heroin, marijuana
- - 3 accused of stealing $1,700 in merchandise from Mahoning Walmart