Tonight: Pockets of freezing rain early, then plain rain and drizzle overnight. Temperatures rising. Low: 27
Monday: A few AM rain or snow showers followed by increasing winds and falling temperatures. High: 45 Low: -2
***Freezing Rain Advisory in effect for most of the viewing area throughSunday night***
We'll hang on to some pockets of freezing rain early this evening in the valleys, but as temperatures continue their trend upwards look for it to change over to plain rain everywhere by midnight.
The rain will then continue on and off throughout overnight and into Monday morning before coming to an end by the late morning/early afternoon.
Monday's high temperatures will come during the morning (most likely before the sun rises) and once the precipitation exits to the east by early Monday afternoon the temperatures will already be dropping as the winds increase.
The cold air may catch up with some of the exiting precipitation on Monday, so while most will see it end as rain some could see it taper off as an icy mix or snow. After that the winds will increase ushering in much colder air, so look for the temperatures to fall into the 20s by the end of the day.
On top of that, the air will be so colder that the temperature at 6 AM on Monday will be almost 40 degrees warmer than the temperature at 6 AM on Tuesday. Tuesday will be a brutally cold with highs staying in the single digits across a good portion of the viewing area and winds making it feel like it's 10 to 20 degrees below zero at times.
- - Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- - Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- - Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- - Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- - Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- - NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- - 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- - Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- - Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- - Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos