A freezing rain advisory is in effect for our area Wednesday morning.
Generally light rain is expected to arrive Wednesday morning. Surface temperatures overnight Tuesday will easily drop into the low 20s. If the rain arrives early enough, the rain would freeze on some surfaces, especially those that are untreated, resulting in icy conditions.
If the rain holds off until 10 a.m. or 11 a.m., when the surface temperatures are expected to rise to or above 32 degrees, then the risk of freezing rain will be greatly diminished.
So, timing of the arrival will be key. The earlier it arrives, the greater the risk for a period of freezing rain Wednesday morning.
High temperatures on Wednesday should reach the upper 30s.
Thursday looks quiet with mostly cloudy skies and highs in the middle 40s.
There can be areas of fog the next couple of days, as well.
Some additional rain and dense fog are likely Thursday night and Friday.
- - Support hotline created in Bucks County for first responders
- - Bill Cosby case to stay in Montco, be decided by outside jury
- - Trial date changed for woman accused of shooting, killing ex-husband
- - Judge rules Bill Cosby case to be decided by outside jury
- - Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- - Child sex abuse trial of former councilman gets underway
- - Reproduction of mural fills void of original in Lehighton
- - East Stroudsburg needs $1.8 million for dam repairs
- - NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- - 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying