FLEETWOOD, Pa. - Folks in Fleetwood rolled up their sleeves Thursday night to help those whose lives have been devastated by Sandy.
69 News was at St. Paul's Lutheran Church as people loaded up a big box truck with food, clothing and supplies.
Some of the volunteers have family members who live on Long Beach Island in New Jersey.
That area was ravaged by the storm.
Organizers say the response has been overwhelming.
"It's been a lot of work, but everybody has been very gracious," said Keith Claytor of St. Paul's Lutheran Church. "We gotten more help than we thought we get. The fire company was here tonight; they were just called away. Lots of people from our church were here. The response has been really, really humbling."
The truck will be heading to the Jersey Shore early Friday morning.
- - Authorities ask for help in 1993 murder; $10,000 reward still available
- - Police plan update on probe of package explosion
- - Philadelphia OKs targeted recount, rejects software analysis
- - Judge blocks precinct recounts in Montgomery County
- - Trump alma mater gives sanctuary to students in US illegally