You'll be looking for the shade and cool drinks this weekend as heat indexes will creep toward 100 degrees.
After so much rain last week, the heat of summer has moved into the area, and the warmth and humidity won't go away overnight. We'll see patchy clouds and low temperatures around 70 degrees.
Today: Sunny to partly cloudy, hot and humid; an isolated thunderstorm this afternoon, mainly north and west. High: 92
Tonight: Partly cloudy, warm and humid; an isolated t-storm this evening, mainly north and west. Low: 70
Sunday: Hot and humid with clouds and sun; a thunderstorm in spots in the afternoon. High: 92 Low: 70
***Excessive Heat Warning for our southern sections (Lower Bucks, Eastern Montgomery and all points south) through Sunday evening***
Most of the activity on Saturday will be confined to the northern and western parts of the viewing area and mainly during the afternoon and evening hours.
Look for partly sunny skies on Sunday with a few showers and thunderstorms around, especially later in the day. Any thunderstorm on Sunday could be on the strong to severe side, with heavy downpours, gusty winds and even some hail.
It will also be hot and humid this weekend as highs top out in the lower 90s both days with heat index values ranging from 95 to 100 degrees.
- - Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- - Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- - Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- - Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- - Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- - NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- - 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- - Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- - Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- - Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos