The cloud cover will gradually increase across the area overnight with some snow arriving just prior to daybreak on Tuesday.
The steady snow is expected to last into Tuesday afternoon before quickly tapering off to some flurries and snow showers by the early evening.
Snowfall accumulations on Tuesday will generally be between one and three inches, with locally higher amounts to the north.
A coating to an inch of snow will be possible from Philadelphia on south.
Flurries and snow showers will continue to be an issue at times through the evening and overnight hours Tuesday, with a fresh coating to inch possible.
High temperatures will climb back into the lower and middle 30s on Tuesday, despite the unsettled weather.
Windy and cold conditions will be featured on Wednesday with highs in the low to mid 30s under a mix of clouds and sun.
- - Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- - Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- - Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- - Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- - Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- - NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- - 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- - Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- - Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- - Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos