Visible light is made up of all colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet (an easy way to remember the colors is the name ROY G BIV).
As the sun's light passes through the sky, it hits floating particles of dust and water droplets, causing the light to bounce.
More of the blue light is reflected than any of the other colors, allowing the sky to look blue in our eyes.
- - Police: Man argues with girlfriend, threatens unborn baby with box cutter
- - Business consultant charged in Allentown pay-to-play case to change plea
- - Accused cell phone store robbers charged in fatal shooting of Verizon employee
- - Teen, 19, injured in Allentown shooting
- - Alleged robbers point fingers at each other
- - Handyman accused of serial rape sentenced to 60 to 120 years
- - Chester County mom gets 42-94 years for brutal beating death of son, 3
- - Company president stores hazardous waste, faces charges
- - PHOTOS: Truck's trailer fails to clear railroad overpass
- - Police event makes wish come true for boy battling cancer
- - Pizza delivery driver ambushed, shot; 3 charged with attempted homicide
- - 3, including a 17-year-old boy, charged in pizza delivery shooting
- - Community takes stand against hate speech in Monroe County
- - 58-year-old pizza delivery driver in critical condition
- - Pizza delivery driver shot at East Stroudsburg University
|Record||63°F December 12, 1931||2°F December 12, 1988|