The sun always rises in the east and sets in the west, therefore you can tell what the time is just by looking at the sun's location in the sky.
When you look east and the sun is on the horizon it means that the time is approximately 6:00am.
If the Sun is about 45 degrees up from the horizon in the east the time should be around 9:00am.
When the sun is directly above your head that means its noon.
If the Sun is about 45 degrees above the horizon in the west the time should be approximately 3:00pm.
Finally, when you look to the west and the sun is on the horizon it means that the time is around 6:00pm.
These times will vary slightly depending if you are in Standard time or Daylight Savings time, and also where you are located in your time zone.
- - Human rights activist tortured in Pakistan shares struggle through art
- - LVHN to move 500 employees to downtown Allentown
- - Conservation Fund hopes to buy 3,300 acres of land in Lehigh, Northampton counties
- - New Allentown police chief says focus will be community engagement
- - Police: Man passed out on heroin in McDonald's bathroom
|Record||86°F April 24, 1960||29°F April 24, 1930|