The sun always rises in the east and sets in the west, therefore you can tell what the time is just by looking at the sun's location in the sky.
When you look east and the sun is on the horizon it means that the time is approximately 6:00am.
If the Sun is about 45 degrees up from the horizon in the east the time should be around 9:00am.
When the sun is directly above your head that means its noon.
If the Sun is about 45 degrees above the horizon in the west the time should be approximately 3:00pm.
Finally, when you look to the west and the sun is on the horizon it means that the time is around 6:00pm.
These times will vary slightly depending if you are in Standard time or Daylight Savings time, and also where you are located in your time zone.
- - Support hotline created in Bucks County for first responders
- - Bill Cosby case to stay in Montco, be decided by outside jury
- - Trial date changed for woman accused of shooting, killing ex-husband
- - Judge rules Bill Cosby case to be decided by outside jury
- - Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- - Child sex abuse trial of former councilman gets underway
- - Reproduction of mural fills void of original in Lehighton
- - East Stroudsburg needs $1.8 million for dam repairs
- - NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- - 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying