In order for a blizzard to form you need three things: the air needs to be cold at the surface, the atmosphere has to have a lot of moisture, and you need a good amount of lift to cause the warm air to rise over cold air.
As a result you get a snowstorm. Add in some very strong winds and intense snowfall that is long-lasting and this becomes a blizzard.
- - Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- - Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- - Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- - Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- - Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- - NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- - 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- - Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- - Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- - Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos