In order for a blizzard to form you need three things: the air needs to be cold at the surface, the atmosphere has to have a lot of moisture, and you need a good amount of lift to cause the warm air to rise over cold air.
As a result you get a snowstorm. Add in some very strong winds and intense snowfall that is long-lasting and this becomes a blizzard.
- - Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- - Moravian men, DeSales women advance to conference championship games
- - PATRIOT LEAGUE: Lehigh men roll past Colgate; Lafayette women fall to Bucknell
- - Quakertown man sentenced for defrauding fraternities, sororities at Lehigh University
- - Meet two ambassadors who are truly amazing
- - Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- - PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- - Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- - Police: Mom caught with meth, heroin, marijuana
- - 3 accused of stealing $1,700 in merchandise from Mahoning Walmart