In order for a winter storm to develop you have to have three basic ingredients.
First you have to have below-freezing temperatures in the clouds and near the ground to make snow and/or ice.
Next is lift to raise up the moist air to form the clouds and cause precipitation. With this lift the warm air is colliding with cold air and being forced to rise over the cold dome, creating a boundary known as a "front" where the clouds will develop.
Finally you have to have moisture that can be lifted to form the clouds and precipitation.
Once all three of these components come together a winter storm has been created.
- - Police: Nurse recorded videos of naked patients
- - Woman assaulted, robbed and bound in closet for 4 days
- - Support hotline created in Bucks County for first responders
- - Bill Cosby case to stay in Montco, be decided by outside jury
- - Trial date changed for woman accused of shooting, killing ex-husband
- - Child sex abuse trial of former councilman gets underway
- - Reproduction of mural fills void of original in Lehighton
- - East Stroudsburg needs $1.8 million for dam repairs
- - NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- - 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying