If you see dark clouds near by, then lightning could be present, however the best thing you can do is to listen for thunder.
If you hear thunder, then you need to go indoors or a place of shelter like a car.
The worst place to be is outside where lightning could strike because it strike from 20 miles away!
If your hair stands on end or your skin starts to tingle because of the electrical charge, then lightning maybe about to strike.
Get down on your hands and knees tucking yourself into a ball.
Do not lay flat on the ground, because it can give lightning a better chance of strike you.
- - Multiple-rollover crash shuts down I-78 westbound in Berks County
- - Winter weather returns with quick hitting snow storm
- - Military plane conducting flight exercise cause of loud noises heard in Lehigh Valley
- - History's Headlines: This old house finds a new life
- - Police: Dieruff student said he was going to kill everyone at school
- - District Attorneys announce new task force to combat opioid crisis
- - DelVal freshman works to save Otterhound dog breed
- - Southampton teen gets 2-5 years for robbing fast-food joint
- - Man facing charges after allegedly stealing cyanide to kill lawn rodents
- - GOP field for lieutenant governor gets new face; 2 drop out
- - Pa. Turnpike reopened after wreck in Lehigh Tunnel
- - Friends remember Chris Hixon, LV native killed in Florida shooting
- - Camelback's ski camp leads its students to Paralympics
- - Poconos sees uptick in tourism after previous decline
- - Lehigh Valley native among those killed in Florida school shooting