Hail needs to get large enough weight-wise so it can overcome the updraft in the thunderstorm.
This weight will vary from storm to storm because the strength of each storm and its updraft are different in each storm.
If the updraft becomes really strong, it can actually push the hail up through the top of the thunderstorm.
Everything is dependent of the storm's strength.
- - Groceries, everyday items delivered to your Stroudsburg door
- - Volunteers undertake massive cleanup of Pocono Creek
- - 1 killed, 2 hurt in Monroe County DUI crash
- - Lehigh Gap Nature Center conducts controlled burning on Blue Mountain
- - Traffic stop turns into police finding over $68K worth of meth
|Record||93°F April 18, 1976||25°F April 18, 1948|