In the Atlantic Basin, hurricane seasons during 1995-2005 have averaged 15 named storms, 8.5 hurricanes, and 4 major hurricanes.
In contrast to that, hurricane seasons between the years of 1971-1994 averaged 8.5 named storms, 5 hurricanes, and 1.5 major hurricanes.
The aforementioned numbers suggest the Atlantic Basin is certainly more active now than it use to be, but whether this trend continues we will have to wait and see.
- - Civic Theatre in Allentown launches capital campaign
- - Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- - U.S. District Judge James Knoll Gardner dies at 76
- - Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- - Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
|Record||92°F April 27, 1990||30°F April 27, 1933|