In the Atlantic Basin, hurricane seasons during 1995-2005 have averaged 15 named storms, 8.5 hurricanes, and 4 major hurricanes.
In contrast to that, hurricane seasons between the years of 1971-1994 averaged 8.5 named storms, 5 hurricanes, and 1.5 major hurricanes.
The aforementioned numbers suggest the Atlantic Basin is certainly more active now than it use to be, but whether this trend continues we will have to wait and see.
- - Palmer Twp. shooting suspect charged with criminal homicide
- - Police nab pair advertising pot sales on-line
- - Allentown police confiscate crack, heroin, pot in separate raids
- - Police allege man drives stolen motorcycle on Allentown sidewalk
- - Wrestler's dad allowed to attend matches at rival school in area adjacent from gym
- - NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- - 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- - Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- - Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- - Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos