Instability is just another way of saying there is upward motion or lift in the atmosphere.
Instability in the atmosphere is often found preceding a front.
The front (cold, occluded, stationary, or warm) can all lead to instability, which often leads to precipitation events (and potentially severe weather).
The greater the instability, the greater potential the event may turn severe.
- - NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- - 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- - Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- - Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- - Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos