Today: Partly sunny with a chillier wind. High: 45
Tonight: Generally clear skies. Low: 26
Monday: Partly sunny, breezy and mild. High: 51 Low: 37
It will be pretty quiet across eastern Pennsylvania and western New Jersey through late Monday night. Today the region will experience plenty of sunshine as temperatures hover in the low and mid 40s throughout the day.
The wind out of the northwest may make temperatures feel colder than that at times, but it will still be a mild day for mid January. Monday will be even milder as highs top out near 50 degrees.
Sunnier skies earlier in the day on Monday will fade as the clouds increase during the afternoon as the next cold front nears the area. This cold front will begin to overspread the region with rain late Monday night and very early on Tuesday.
The rain will then continue through the morning before tapering off around noon. Temperatures on Tuesday will end up in the low and mid 40s, but highs will return to the 30s on Wednesday.
- - Mummers seek inclusive tone after racially sensitive display
- - 2 people in stable condition after Norristown shooting
- - Philadelphia to keep 'AMOR,' the bilingual 'LOVE' sculpture
- - Mom charged over 2-year-old's death; investigation continues
- - Authorities ask for help in 1993 murder; $10,000 reward still available
- - Two people injured in Sunday morning crash in West Penn Township
- - Driver freed by rescuers in Schuylkill County crash
- - Father dies in I-80 crash that killed 2 children, box truck driver
- - Hazleton police chase ends with motorcycle crashing into school van
- - Local farm providing 'Trees for Troops'