The National Weather Service has issued thunderstorm watches or warnings for the entire southern half of Pennsylvania into the evening, with flood warnings and watches in several northern sections that were harder hit by storms on Thursday.
Severe thunderstorms have been rolling through parts of southwestern and north-central Pennsylvania, prompting warnings set to expire later in the afternoon.
Just like the last several days, the bulk of the activity Friday will come during the afternoon and evening hours, and some locations will get away without seeing anything at all.
Another warm and humid overnight is in store for our area, with lows only dropping into the middle 60s.20736998
The unsettled weather will extend through the weekend, with a few showers and thunderstorms possible each day. Any thunderstorm from now through the weekend could be on the strong to severe side, with heavy downpours, gusty winds and maybe some hail.
Otherwise, look for clouds and some sunshine this weekend along with humid conditions and highs in the middle 80s. Very little is expected to change this next week with a chance for some more showers and thunderstorm possible every day.
- - Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- - Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- - Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- - Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- - Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- - NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- - 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- - Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- - Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- - Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos