November came in on a wet and windy note with gusts up to 50 mph expected Friday.
The wind and rain will be the big weather stories today as a powerful cold front approaches the area from the west.
Winds can gust as high as 45-50 mph along with brief periods of heavy rainfall.
A rain squall can affect the area later this morning until midday. There's a wind advisory until 2 p.m.
Some afternoon sun will return and high temperatures will reach the lower 70s.
Saturday will feature partly sunny skies and highs in the middle 60s. There can be a spotty shower in the afternoon.
Sunday will be much cooler and breezy with highs holding in the upper 40s under partly sunny skies.
Today: Windy with a couple of periods of rain into early afternoon; some PM sun. High: 72
***Wind Advisory until 2 p.m.***
Tonight: Partly cloudy with decreasing winds. Low: 43
Saturday: Times of clouds and sun with a PM shower in spots. High: 64 Low: 40
As of 11 a.m., less than 1,500 PPL customers were without power, down from nearly 10,000 two hours before.
That includes 265 in Lehigh County and 130 in Northampton County. In Monroe County,165 are out of electricity.
- - Homicide charges dropped against Lancaster woman in deadly crash
- - Police: Man stole $600 in lobster tails and meat
- - Coroner seeks next of kin for Allentown man
- - Milford Township officials voice concern over spotted lanternfly
- - EASD approves new teachers' and AFSCME support staff union contracts