Mostly cloudy skies took over on Sunday with a bit of snow overspreading the area during the late afternoon hours as a low pressure system approached from the west.
The snow will continue to affect the area this evening before quickly coming to an end as the disturbance pulls off to the east.
This nuisance snow event will leave behind a general 1 to 3 inches of accumulations for most places (3 inch totals will be more likely in the higher elevations). Behind this system we will see some clearing occur overnight with lows dropping into the upper teens and lower 20s. Partly sunny skies will be featured on Monday along with cold conditions as highs hold in the middle 20s. Little is expected to change on Tuesday with high temperatures remaining in the middle 20s under partly sunny skies.
Tonight: Light snow ending before midnight. Total snowfall around 1-3 inches; Some clearing late. Low: 18
Monday: Partly sunny and cold. High: 26 Low: 8
- - Mummers seek inclusive tone after racially sensitive display
- - 2 people in stable condition after Norristown shooting
- - Philadelphia to keep 'AMOR,' the bilingual 'LOVE' sculpture
- - Mom charged over 2-year-old's death; investigation continues
- - Authorities ask for help in 1993 murder; $10,000 reward still available
- - Two people injured in Sunday morning crash in West Penn Township
- - Driver freed by rescuers in Schuylkill County crash
- - Father dies in I-80 crash that killed 2 children, box truck driver
- - Hazleton police chase ends with motorcycle crashing into school van
- - Local farm providing 'Trees for Troops'