POTTSTOWN, Pa. - Four paramedics from Pottstown, Montgomery Co., were welcomed home with open arms Friday afternoon.
Members of the Goodwill Steam Fire Ambulance were in New Jersey to assist companies that lost everything to Hurricane Sandy.
They've been gone since last weekend, helping in Brick Township, Little Egg Harbor Township and Jersey City. They said people are just trying to make it day-to-day.
People don't know what to do. We did house-to-house searching in an entire town and maybe found 12, 20 people at home," said Ed Zamorski. "Everybody else has left. They are abandoned cities down there right now."
Crew members said they were so busy they didn't get much sleep.
- - Police: Allentown man killed by woman driving drunk
- - Mom charged in adopted teen's death was adoption supervisor
- - Delaware Riverkeeper Network, PennDOT clash over bridge replacement plan
- - SUV crashes into pole in Pottstown, causes power outage
- - VIDEO: Hundreds come together to honor Grace Packer
This may cause some temporary disruption of the cameras in this livestream.