Many parts of our region were pummeled by heavy hail and strong wind gusts Thursday afternoon.
The storms will continue to be around Thursday evening and into the early overnight hours. Any thunderstorm may be on the strong or severe side, with damaging wind gusts, heavy rain, small hail, and a lot of cloud to ground lightning.
Otherwise, look for mostly cloudy skies overnight along with some patchy fog and low temperatures in the low to mid 50s.
Friday will feature intervals of clouds and sunshine with high temperatures in the upper 60s and lower 70s.
A shower or thunderstorm may develop once again in parts of the area on Friday, especially during the afternoon and evening hours. With a lot of cold air aloft, there could be some small hail associated with any thunderstorm on Friday.
The unsettled weather will continue into the weekend with a couple of showers and a thunderstorm possible on Saturday. Clouds and some sunshine will also be seen on Saturday with highs climbing slightly into the lower and middle 70s.
- - Police: Nurse recorded videos of naked patients
- - Woman assaulted, robbed and bound in closet for 4 days
- - Support hotline created in Bucks County for first responders
- - Bill Cosby case to stay in Montco, be decided by outside jury
- - Trial date changed for woman accused of shooting, killing ex-husband
- - Child sex abuse trial of former councilman gets underway
- - Reproduction of mural fills void of original in Lehighton
- - East Stroudsburg needs $1.8 million for dam repairs
- - NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- - 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying