A few gusty thunderstorms affected parts of our area Friday evening that had numerous lightning strikes and heavy downpours. Some areas witnessed all the lightning but saw little or no rain. The heat wave continued Friday (6th day of 90+ degrees-actually reached 97 degrees). Saturday should mark our last (7th) day of our heat wave...quite a stretch of hot weather! A cold front will arrive to bring some relief from the heat...however, it may not move through until after midnight Saturday night. All that said, we still could see a few gusty thunderstorms around Saturday afternoon or evening. Any shower or thunderstorm can contain damaging winds, hail and downpours. A little bit of relief arrives Sunday with highs in the middle 80s and somewhat less humid conditions.
Tonight: Warm and muggy. Low: 72
Saturday: Partly sunny, hot and humid with a couple of showers or thunderstorms. High: 92 Low: 68
***Excessive heat warning has been extended for southern Chester, Montgomery, Bucks, Philadelphia, New Castle and parts of central NJ until 8 pm Saturday.
- - Knoble trial to begin Wednesday, accused of Easton hotel murder
- - Mom allegedly hits daughter for not unplugging appliance, police say
- - Police: Man sends ex a photo of her stolen car, asks 'Remember this car?'
- - Bethlehem moves wayfinding signage forward
- - New exhibit debuts at Da Vinci Science Center
This may cause some temporary disruption of the cameras in this livestream.