A few gusty thunderstorms affected parts of our area Friday evening that had numerous lightning strikes and heavy downpours. Some areas witnessed all the lightning but saw little or no rain. The heat wave continued Friday (6th day of 90+ degrees-actually reached 97 degrees). Saturday should mark our last (7th) day of our heat wave...quite a stretch of hot weather! A cold front will arrive to bring some relief from the heat...however, it may not move through until after midnight Saturday night. All that said, we still could see a few gusty thunderstorms around Saturday afternoon or evening. Any shower or thunderstorm can contain damaging winds, hail and downpours. A little bit of relief arrives Sunday with highs in the middle 80s and somewhat less humid conditions.
Tonight: Warm and muggy. Low: 72
Saturday: Partly sunny, hot and humid with a couple of showers or thunderstorms. High: 92 Low: 68
***Excessive heat warning has been extended for southern Chester, Montgomery, Bucks, Philadelphia, New Castle and parts of central NJ until 8 pm Saturday.
- - Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- - Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- - Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- - Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- - Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- - NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- - 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- - Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- - Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- - Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos