SEASIDE HEIGHTS, N.J. - The Jersey shore was expecting a wallop from Sandy, and it gone one.
The storm wrecked boardwalks up and down the New Jersey coast.
In Seaside Heights, a pier was wrecked and a roller coaster partially submerged in the ocean.
Homes near the ocean took a direct hit.
Governor Chris Christie says the devastation along the shore is "some of the worst we've ever seen.''
- - Man pleads guilty in Stockertown gun club case
- - Bethlehem police officer charged with indecent exposure accepted into rehab program
- - Hazmat situation reported in Northampton County
- - Police allegedly find illegal guns after complaint about loose dog
- - Police allege man punches girlfriend, leaves her by side of the road
- - Trial date changed for woman accused of shooting, killing ex-husband
- - Judge rules Bill Cosby case to be decided by outside jury
- - Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- - Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- - Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- - NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- - 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- - Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- - Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- - Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos