THURSDAY: Areas of fog this morning; otherwise, warmer with some sunshine returning. High: 77
THURSDAY NIGHT: Mostly cloudy with a shower in spots late. Low: 58
FRIDAY: Turning out partly sunny and very warm. High: 82 Low: 58
There may be a foggy start in some areas this morning, but some sunshine will return as big-time warm-up gets underway today with highs approaching the upper 70s. Skies will remain mostly cloudy tonight as a cold front crosses the area into early Friday, and there may be a few showers in spots late tonight as a result. Lows will fall back into the upper 50s.
A shower may linger into early Friday morning, but highs will approach the lower 80s by the afternoon with partly sunny skies. Lows Friday night continue to stay mild in the upper 50s.
For now, Saturday looks like the warmer day this weekend as temperatures extend into the lower 80s and may actually come close to record highs in spots (the daily record at ABE is 86 set back in 1974 and at RDG is 88 set back in 1970). Saturday should also features partly sunny skies, but a shower or thunderstorm will still be possible, especially in the afternoon. A backdoor cold front will then knock Sunday's high temperatures back into the lower 70s with more clouds than sun and a shower around.
77° / 58°Partly Cloudy 0%
82° / 58°Partly Cloudy 0%
83° / 55°Shower or T-Storm 20%
72° / 56°Mostly Cloudy 0%
81° / 56°Shower or T-Storm 40%
72° / 47°Mostly Sunny 0%
72° / 49°Few Showers 30%
70° / 49°Shower or T-Storm 40%
68° / 45°Shower or T-Storm 30%
66° / 42°Mostly Cloudy 20%
|Record||92°F April 27, 1990||30°F April 27, 1933|
- - Car crashes into pole along S. Pike Avenue in Salisbury Twp.
- - Lafayette College gets zoning changes needed for new College Hill dorms
- - Bittner's Corner Bridge spurs Lehigh County Commissioner debate
- - Lawyers for Allentown mayor in court for suit over attorney fees
- - Lehigh Valley Charter High School for the Arts lets the 'sunshine in' with its production of HAIR
- - Cosby, daughter, lawyer speak out as sex assault trial looms
- - Fitzpatrick, Lowenthal introduce gerrymandering resolution legislation
- - Daughter: Bill Cosby 'is not abusive, violent or a rapist'
- - Mother, son breaking business barriers for those with autism
- - Pottstown School District approves new superintendent