Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 3:51 am EST on December 10, 2013, expires at: 5:00 PM EST on December 10, 2013
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 5 PM EST this afternoon...
- locations...the counties adjacent to the I-95 corridor in northeast Maryland...southeast Pennsylvania and southwest New Jersey.
- Hazard types...heavy snowfall.
- Accumulations...snow accumulation of 4 to 6 inches.
- Timing...beginning by dawn and lasting into the afternoon. The snow will taper by dusk.
- Impacts...moderate to severe travel impacts during the morning commute. Icy roads after the snow...since temperatures will fall below freezing late Tuesday...and last for a few days. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow... sleet...and ice are expected or occurring. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.
Local Forecast Discussion
MAP OPTIONS: Customize data superimposed on the map by clicking on the overlay icons below or by using the "layers" menu. Click the "Play" button to see the radar data in motion.