Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 6:38 PM EST on December 8, 2013, expires at: 12:00 AM EST on December 09, 2013
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until midnight EST tonight...
- snow and sleet accumulations...5 to 12 inches.
- Ice accumulations...around a trace.
- Timing...periods of snow will mix with sleet late this afternoon and evening. The precipitation will then change to rain during the night. There should be some freezing rain for a brief time during the transition period this evening.
- Impacts...hazardous travel due to snow covered and slippery roads.
- Visibilities...less than one mile at times into this evening.
- Temperatures...in the upper 20s to lower 30s... then slowly rising tonight. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow... sleet and ice are expected or occurring. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.
Local Forecast Discussion
MAP OPTIONS: Customize data superimposed on the map by clicking on the overlay icons below or by using the "layers" menu. Click the "Play" button to see the radar data in motion.