Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 4:33 am EST on February 1, 2015, expires at: 1:00 PM EST on February 02, 2015
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 7 PM this evening to 1 PM EST Monday...
- accumulations...snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches...along with up to two tenths of an inch of ice.
- Hazard types...snow...sleet and freezing rain.
- Timing...snow should move into the region late today. The snow will continue tonight and is expected to mix with sleet and freezing rain late tonight into Monday morning. Any mixed precipitation should change back to all snow before ending gradually on Monday afternoon.
- Impacts...there will be hazardous travel conditions tonight and Monday. The Monday morning commute will be particularly difficult.
- Winds...east 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
- Visibility...less than a half mile at times from Sunday night into Monday morning.
- Temperatures...in the upper 20s.
- Locations...the Lehigh Valley into the Raritan valley. Precautionary/preparedness actions... This Winter Storm Warning means that significant amounts of snow... sleet and ice are expected... making travel very hazardous or impossible.