Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 8:34 PM EST on March 4, 2015, expires at: 7:00 PM EST on March 05, 2015
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 7 PM EST Thursday...
- locations...portions of eastern Pennsylvania and central New Jersey.
- Hazard types...a period of sleet then long duration snow.
- Snow accumulations...generally 4 to 8 inches.
- Timing...sleet developing near midnight then changing to snow by 3 am... continuing through early Thursday afternoon possibly heavy at times.
- Temperatures...falling to between 28 and 32 at daybreak Thursday then falling through the 20s during the daylight hours.
- Wind...becoming north and gusting to 20 mph during the day Thursday.
- Visibility...may lower briefly to one half mile during Thursday morning or midday.
- Impacts...widespread and substantial impacts on travel are expected Thursday, especially for the Thursday morning commute. Precautionary/preparedness actions... This Winter Storm Warning means that significant amounts of snow are expected. The snow will make travel very hazardous or impossible.