Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 10:13 am EST on March 1, 2015, expires at: 4:00 AM EST on March 02, 2015
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 4 am EST Monday...
- hazard types...snow...then sleet and freezing rain.
- Ice accumulations...around one quarter to one third of an inch.
- Snow accumulations...1 to 2 inches.
- Timing...snow will overspread the area late this morning into this afternoon. A transition to sleet and freezing rain should start occurring during the mid to late afternoon and continue into the evening. Precipitation will taper off overnight.
- Impacts...expect slippery traveling and walking conditions, especially on untreated surfaces this afternoon and tonight. Prepare for travel delays due to the very hazardous driving conditions. Isolated power outages are possible.
- Temperatures...in the upper 20s to lower 30s.
- Winds...southeast around 5 mph. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow... sleet...and ice are expected or occurring. Strong winds are also possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.