Winter Storm Warning:
- ...Winter Storm Warning now in effect until 8 PM EST this evening...
- locations...a portion of marylands Eastern Shore through central Delaware across the southeast coast of New Jersey.
- Hazard types...snow.
- Snow accumulations... total storm accumulations of 4 to 8 inches.
- Timing... snow will be tapering to a few flurries between 730 PM and 8 PM this evening.
- Temperatures...near 20 degrees followed by near record cold overnight.
- Wind...north to northwest gusting to 20 mph.
- Impacts...widespread and substantial impacts on travel are expected. Precautionary/preparedness actions... This Winter Storm Warning means that significant amounts of snow are expected. The snow will make travel very hazardous or impossible. Be safe when removing the snow... not only with consideration for nearby vehicles passing by the snow removal area... but also the weight of this newly fallen snow may be a hazard for for those with heart related issues.