Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 4:28 am EST on February 9, 2016, expires at: 6:00 AM EST on February 10, 2016
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 6 am EST Wednesday...
- hazard types...snow.
- Snow accumulations...4 to 6 inches.
- Timing...periods of snow are expected today and this evening. The snow has the potential to fall at a moderate to heavy rate at times especially later Tuesday and Tuesday night.
- Impacts...accumulating snow will affect travel tonight through Tuesday night...including the afternoon commute. The Road conditions will likely deteriorate during times of heavier snowfall rates. Remember... bridges and other elevated surfaces tend to become slippery first.
- Temperatures...around 30.
- Winds...northeast 5 to 10 mph. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow are expected. This will make travel very hazardous at times. Use caution while driving... especially on bridges and other elevated Road surfaces. Report snow accumulation to the National Weather Service by calling our trained spotter line... posting to the NWS Mount Holly facebook Page... or using twitter @nws_mountholly. Snowfall and ice accumulation forecast maps in addition to experimental probabilistic snowfall information for the latest event are available online at www.Weather.Gov/phi/winter