Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 11:25 am EST on November 26, 2014, expires at: 10:00 PM EST on November 26, 2014
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 10 PM EST this evening...
- locations...the Raritan valley...the Lehigh Valley...Berks County and the far northern and western Philadelphia suburbs.
- Hazard types...heavy wet snow.
- Snow accumulations...5 to 10 inches with the heaviest amounts in the higher elevations.
- Timing...snow will be heavy at times through this afternoon... before tapering off from south to north during the mid evening. The snow may occasionally mix with sleet in the north and western Philadelphia suburbs and in the Raritan valley.
- Temperatures...in the low to mid 30s.
- Impacts...travel in these areas will be very difficult this afternoon and evening. Anyone with travel plans are urged to consider altering their plans...or travel after roads are cleared on Thursday. Snow could obscure Road signs. There is also a chance the wet snow could knock down a few tree limbs and result in power outages.
- Winds...north 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow are expected. Gusty winds are also possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.
Local Forecast Discussion
MAP OPTIONS: Customize data superimposed on the map by clicking on the overlay icons below or by using the "layers" menu. Click the "Play" button to see the radar data in motion.