Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 10:22 am EST on March 5, 2015, expires at: 7:00 PM EST on March 05, 2015
- ...Winter Storm Warning in effect until 7 PM EST this evening... The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow...which is in effect until 7 PM EST this evening. The Winter Weather Advisory is no longer in effect.
- Locations...portions of northeast Pennsylvania and northern New Jersey.
- Hazard types...long duration snow.
- Snow accumulations...4 to 8 inches.
- Timing...snow will continue into the afternoon.
- Temperatures...in the lower 20s.
- Wind...becoming north and gusting to 20 mph.
- Impacts...widespread and substantial impacts on travel are expected.
- Winds...becoming north and gusting to 20 mph during the day Thursday.
- Visibilities...may lower briefly to one half mile during this morning into the midday. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow... sleet...and ice are expected or occurring. Strong winds are also possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.