Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 3:34 am EST on January 26, 2015, expires at: 6:00 PM EST on January 27, 2015
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from noon today to 6 PM EST Tuesday...
- hazard types...heavy snow with blowing and drifting.
- Snow accumulations...12 to 16 inches.
- Timing...light snow will affect the morning commute. Snow will become heavy at times late this afternoon through Tuesday morning when snowfall rates of a couple of inches per hour can occur at times... then taper off during Tuesday afternoon.
- Impacts...some impact on the Monday morning commute... then significant and widespread impacts thereafter. Areas of blowing and drifting snow will add to the hazardous conditions.
- Winds...north 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
- Temperatures...in the upper 20s.
- Visibilities...one quarter mile or less at times. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow is expected... and strong winds are possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible at times.