Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 12:52 PM EST on January 26, 2015, expires at: 3:00 PM EST on January 27, 2015
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 3 PM EST Tuesday...
- accumulations...snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches.
- Hazard types...heavy snow with blowing and drifting.
- Snow accumulations...6 to 10 inches.
- Timing...light snow this afternoon will slow the evening commute. The brunt of the storm begins later this evening... then eventually winds down Tuesday morning.
- Impacts...could be a major impact on travel especially tonight through Tuesday morning... with blowing and drifting snow increasing late Monday and Tuesday.
- Winds...north 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
- Temperatures...in the lower 20s.
- Visibility...one quarter mile or less at times. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow... sleet...and ice are expected or occurring. Strong winds are also possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.