Issued at: 12:27 am EST on January 27, 2015, expires at: 6:00 PM EST on January 27, 2015
- ...Blizzard Warning remains in effect until 6 PM EST this evening...
- hazard types...heavy snow with strong winds causing considerable blowing and drifting.
- Snow accumulations...8 to 12 inches.
- Timing...the brunt of the storm looks to occur over the next 4 to 6 hours...with snowfall rates of 2 to 3 inches per hour are anticipated. Steady snows will continue through the afternoon.
- Impacts...extremely dangerous travel developing due to heavy snowfall and strong winds... resulting in whiteout conditions. Secondary and tertiary roads may become impassable. Strong winds may down power lines and tree limbs... resulting in power outages.
- Winds...north 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
- Visibility...one quarter mile or less at times. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Blizzard Warning means severe winter weather conditions are expected. Falling and blowing snow with strong winds and poor visibility are likely. This will lead to whiteout conditions... making travel extremely dangerous. Do not travel. If you must travel... have a winter survival kit with you and make sure your cell phone is fully charged. If you get stranded... stay with your vehicle.