Winter Storm Warning:
Issued at: 10:22 am EST on March 5, 2015, expires at: 7:00 PM EST on March 05, 2015
- ...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 7 PM EST this evening...
- locations...Maryland's Eastern Shore through the northern two thirds of Delaware as well as the Philadelphia Metro area and across the southeast one half of New Jersey.
- Hazard types...long duration snow.
- Snow accumulations...4 to 8 inches.
- Timing... any mix will change to snow by noon and will continue through most of the daylight hours... possibly heavy at times.
- Temperatures...in the upper 20s.
- Wind...becoming north and gusting to 20 mph during the day Thursday.
- Visibility...may lower briefly to one quarter mile later this morning into the afternoon.
- Impacts...widespread and substantial impacts on travel are expected. Precautionary/preparedness actions... This Winter Storm Warning means that significant amounts of snow are expected. The snow will make travel very hazardous or impossible.