Some locations picked up a quick coating to an inch or two of snow Wednesday morning.
The snow quickly made its way off to the east, allowing some sunshine to return to the area.
Bitterly cold conditions will be the big story overnight Wednesday into Thursday as temperatures tumble into the single digits under mostly clear skies.
Thursday will be a blustery and cold day with highs holding in the middle and upper 20s, despite a mix of clouds and sunshine.
A few flurries or even a heavier snow shower/squall may be possible during the afternoon and evening hours on Thursday.
Even though Friday will feature mostly sunny skies and much lighter winds, it will still be a very cold day with high temperatures only bouncing back into the low 20s after starting in the single digits to around zero degrees.
- - 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- - Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- - Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- - Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- - PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion