The cloud cover will continue to increase across the area Wednesday evening with skies turning out cloudy overnight.
The approaching storm will begin overspreading the area with some snow from south to north overnight through very early Thursday morning.
Snow is expected to continue throughout the day on Thursday before gradually tapering off Thursday night.
At times, the snow may mix with sleet and maybe even rain, mainly south and east of the Lehigh Valley, on Thursday, causing snowfall totals to be held down where the mixing occurs.
This will be a disruptive snowstorm, which will bring the area a general accumulation of six to 12 inches of snow, with locally higher amounts possible.
- - Authorities ask for help in 1993 murder; $10,000 reward still available
- - Police plan update on probe of package explosion
- - Philadelphia OKs targeted recount, rejects software analysis
- - Judge blocks precinct recounts in Montgomery County
- - Trump alma mater gives sanctuary to students in US illegally