TODAY: Mostly sunny, hot and a bit more humid. High: 93
TONIGHT: Clear, warm and humid. Low: 68
TUESDAY: Hot and humid with sunshine and building clouds; a spotty late afternoon t-storm. High: 93 Low: 70
***AIR QUALITY ALERT IN EFFECT TODAY FOR SOUTHEASTERN PA AND NJ***
Yesterday kicked off the heat wave as temperatures soared into the low 90s. Humidity levels were actually in check yesterday, but this afternoon feels a bit more uncomfortable with the increased humidity. Not only today but again tomorrow as well. Remember to take the proper heat precautions and wear loose fitting, light-colored clothing, drink plenty of water and take breaks while outdoors.
Otherwise, plenty of sunshine this afternoon with highs in the low 90s. However, with the increase in humidity, it will feel more like the mid to upper 90s. These temperatures could break the daily records. The record for ABE is 92 and the record for RDG is 93 both set back in 2015. Tonight, conditions remain clear, warm and humid. Low temperatures will be in the upper 60s.
Tuesday will be similar with sunshine and highs in the low 90s. Again, with the increase in humidity, it will feel more like the upper 90s to nearly 100 degrees in spots. Later Tuesday afternoon and evening there may be a spotty thunderstorm around. These storms could contain locally heavy rain and gusty winds.
A backdoor cold front will push down Tuesday night into Wednesday knocking high temperatures for Wednesday to the lower 80s. After an early shower Wednesday look for a mix of sun and clouds. Temperatures cool down even more for Thursday and Friday with highs only in the low to upper 70s.
- - Northeast Extension south closed after crash in Lehigh Tunnel
- - Allentown Council OKs more off-campus housing in West End
- - Spring-Ford girls get the better of Boyertown in District I game
- - DeSales to play for both conference titles; Moravian men advance to finals
- - Nazareth, Emmaus boys advance to District 11-6A quarterfinals
- - Pa. Turnpike lanes reopened between Lansdale, Quakertown
- - Crash closes Pa. Turnpike northbound between Lansdale, Quakertown
- - GOP leaders to seek halt to Pennsylvania congressional map
- - Proposed bill allows courts to seize guns from people deemed a threat
- - Second Harvest Food Bank receives $36K donation