A couple showers and thunderstorms will continue to linger around for awhile Friday evening and early overnight.
The wet weather has prompted the National Weather Service to issue a flash flood watch until 10 p.m. Friday for the Lehigh Valley and the Poconos in Pennsylvania and Hunterdon, Morris, Somerset, Sussex and Warren counties in New Jersey.
We then expect to see the cloud cover breaking up a bit as drier air gradually starts to filter into the region.
Low temperatures will remain on the mild side overnight, hitting the middle 60s in most locations.
Some very pleasant weather will be in place for both Saturday and Sunday.
Look for partly sunny skies to be featured on Saturday, followed by a good amount of sunshine on Sunday.
We also expect to see some nice, comfortable conditions this weekend, with highs in the middle 80s and low humidity levels.
- - Two people injured in Sunday morning crash in West Penn Township
- - Driver freed by rescuers in Schuylkill County crash
- - Father dies in I-80 crash that killed 2 children, box truck driver
- - Hazleton police chase ends with motorcycle crashing into school van
- - Local farm providing 'Trees for Troops'