43° / 31°Increasing Clouds 0%
40° / 37°Periods of Rain/Freezing 90%
47° / 32°AM Showers 60%
48° / 30°Partly Cloudy 0%
47° / 35°Increasing Clouds 30%
48° / 33°Variably Cloudy 20%
46° / 34°Plenty of Clouds 0%
48° / 36°Periods of Rain 60%
45° / 32°Clouds and Sun 0%
38° / 25°Snow/Flurries 30%
TONIGHT: Mostly cloudy with a bit of freezing rain or drizzle late; slick spots are likely. Low: 31
TUESDAY: Cloudy with periods of rain, which will freeze on some surfaces in the morning. High: 40
TUESDAY NIGHT: Intermittent rain and drizzle. Low: 37
***FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY FOR SCHUYLKILL, LEHIGH, BERKS, WARREN, MONROE, CARBON AND NORTHAMPTON COUNTIES UNTIL 10:00 AM TUESDAY***
***FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY FOR PIKE AND LUZERNE COUNTIES UNTIL 12:00 PM TUESDAY***
Sunshine and temperatures near 40 degrees were a nice way to start off the week, especially if you had off on Monday for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. The clouds were increasing by the late afternoon though and will continue to lower and thicken this evening as a warm front lifts north through Pennsylvania. The front will present the possibility for some light and spotty rain overnight, but most of that will occur after midnight. Since temperatures are expected to fall into the low 30s overnight there is a concern that the rain will freeze on surfaces and create slick spots for the Tuesday morning commute. This will be more of an issue from Interstate 78 on northward.
Tuesday morning may start off with freezing rain before temperatures rise above 32 degrees. However, once the temperatures rise above 32 degrees we're looking at non-freezing rain for the rest of the day. The rain will continue on-and-off throughout Tuesday and into Tuesday night before tapering off early on Wednesday. Rainfall totals are expected to be around 0.25-0.50" of rain. Temperatures on Tuesday will top out near 40 degrees.
As mentioned earlier, Wednesday morning may also start off with a shower or two, but any rain will end early. Otherwise, Wednesday will be rather cloudy with some sunshine later in the day as high temperatures get close to 50 degrees. The rest of the work week will be mild and dry with the next opportunity for rain coming Friday night into Saturday.
This may cause some temporary disruption of the cameras in this livestream.
- - Thiel announces news conference regarding bid for Allentown mayor
- - Woman, 94, flips car on restaurant parking lot in Bethlehem
- - Lamont McClure to announce bid for Northampton County Executive
- - Judge rejects request to toss endangerment charges in child death case
- - 33 bridges to be replaced or improved in Northampton County
- - Grace Packer's birth mom, family attend memorial service
- - Advocate: Grace Packer tragedy should spur system review
- - Pennsylvania State Department of Human Services investigating Grace Packer's death
- - Honey Brook man dies when truck slams into tree
- - Debate continues over new middle school in Upper Perk