Clouds are made up of very tiny water droplets or ice particles that are suspended in the air.
An average size cumulus cloud would weigh more than a jumbo jet, if you squeezed all the water out of it and put it on a scale!!!
There are many different types of clouds that can form.
They are classified by: 1. "how the clouds appear" in the sky (shape and coverage of sky) and 2. the height of the cloud from the ground.
- - Former Lehigh County judge nominated for Allentown solicitor
- - Bucks woman gets prison for DUI crash that killed Allentown man
- - Democratic candidates give views on single-payer health care
- - Northampton borough tables rentals ordinance
- - Changes to Da Vinci Center project prompt questions from county
- - Local corporations raise funds with United Way campaign
- - New distribution center in Tobyhanna Twp. to create 80 jobs
- - Police: Winery owners unlawfully recorded customers, employees
- - Police: Owners of local winery record employees, customers without permission
- - Businesses shovel out after snow blankets the Poconos