A sun pillar is a vertical shaft of light extending upward or downward from the sun.
Typically seen during sunrise or sunset.
Sun pillars form when sunlight reflects off the surfaces of falling ice crystals associated with thin, high-level clouds like cirrostratus clouds.
- - Hanover Township hears Turkey Hill liquor license request
- - Season ends for Lehigh men's lacrosse in Patriot League quarterfinals
- - A career (and a giraffe) is born
- - North Catasauqua Borough Council give sinkhole house owner an ultimatum
- - Alfaro powers IronPigs to win at Columbus to open road trip
|Record||93°F April 26, 1915||30°F April 26, 2001|