Every thunderstorm produces lightning, which kills more people each year than tornadoes.
Heavy rain from thunderstorms can lead to flash flooding, which is the number one thunderstorm killer.
Strong winds, hail, and tornadoes are also dangers associated with some thunderstorms.
- - Pickup truck goes off road, hits shrubs and mailboxes
- - Police: Man argues with girlfriend, threatens unborn baby with box cutter
- - Business consultant charged in Allentown pay-to-play case to change plea
- - Accused cell phone store robbers charged in fatal shooting of Verizon employee
- - Teen, 19, injured in Allentown shooting
- - Handyman accused of serial rape sentenced to 60 to 120 years
- - Chester County mom gets 42-94 years for brutal beating death of son, 3
- - Company president stores hazardous waste, faces charges
- - PHOTOS: Truck's trailer fails to clear railroad overpass
- - Police event makes wish come true for boy battling cancer
- - Pizza delivery driver ambushed, shot; 3 charged with attempted homicide
- - 3, including a 17-year-old boy, charged in pizza delivery shooting
- - Community takes stand against hate speech in Monroe County
- - 58-year-old pizza delivery driver in critical condition
- - Pizza delivery driver shot at East Stroudsburg University
|Record||63°F December 12, 1931||2°F December 12, 1988|