Satellite images indicate the moisture in the atmosphere over a given location.
The moisture can indicate one of two things: clouds or fog.
There are different types of satellites.
The ones most frequently used in our weather center are visible satellites and infrared satellites.
Visible satellites are pictures from space (that can only be used during daylight hours).
Infrared measures temperatures from the clouds and can be used day or night (most frequently used).
- - Plane crashes on golf fairway, splits in half
- - Mysterious cemetery crash leaves woman trapped in car for hours
- - Bucks County Curling Club shows 69 News how it's done
- - Ex-student sues boarding school amid grand jury sex probe
- - Montgomery man accused of breaking infant daughter's ribs, fracturing skull