Satellite images indicate the moisture in the atmosphere over a given location.
The moisture can indicate one of two things: clouds or fog.
There are different types of satellites.
The ones most frequently used in our weather center are visible satellites and infrared satellites.
Visible satellites are pictures from space (that can only be used during daylight hours).
Infrared measures temperatures from the clouds and can be used day or night (most frequently used).
- - Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- - Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- - Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- - Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- - Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- - NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- - 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- - Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- - Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- - Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos