Have you ever seen a single ring of color around the sun or moon?
It is called a halo, and it occurs more frequently in nature than a rainbow.
When the sky is draped in a high, thin overcast of cirrus clouds.
The six-sided ice crystals that make up those clouds act as the prisms that separate the sun's light into colors.
- - NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- - 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- - Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- - Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- - Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos