A Nor'easter is a low-pressure system that moves northeast, up the east coast, hence the name.
This low-pressure system is often packed with very windy conditions.
Its proximity to the Atlantic Ocean allows for a constant reservoir of moisture which can be tapped and results in a tremendous amount of precipitation.
Many people associate a Nor'easter with winter weather, although it can also be a rain storm.
- - Easton looks for a new look in its iconic bugler soldier logo
- - LVPC Planners discuss regional development 'weaknesses'
- - Salisbury girls win pigtail round game over Palisades
- - Hidden Figures movie credited with increasing girls' interest in STEM classes
- - Woman seriously injured in hit-and-run crash in Allentown