A tsunami is a large ocean wave usually caused by an underwater earthquake or a volcanic explosion.
Tsunamis are not tidal waves, because tidal waves are caused by the forces of the moon, sun, and planets upon the tides, as well as the wind as it moves over the water.
With typical waves the water flows in circles, however with a tsunami the water flows straight.
This is why tsunamis cause so much damage!
- - New entertainment complex planned for Allentown
- - Police allege DUI suspect four times over the limit
- - Young woman tried using 83-year-old's ID to buy iPhones, police said
- - Police standoff ends in Bethlehem; man taken out of home after 5 hours
- - LVPC offers regional industrial development overview