A Doppler Radar detects precipitation intensity, wind direction and speed, and provides estimates of hail size and rainfall amounts.
With this tool forecasters are given the capability of providing early detection of severe thunderstorms that may bring strong damaging winds, large hail, heavy rain, and possibly tornadoes.
Combined with satellites, radar provides meteorologists the ultimate tools to create more accurate forecasts and advanced severe weather warnings.
- - Mother, brother react to Allentown teen Amy Yu being found in Mexico
- - Allentown Police: Kevin Esterly arrested, Amy Yu located in Mexico
- - Local tattoo artist leaves permanent mark on Musikfest
- - Bethlehem pulls together to hold St. Patrick's Day parade
- - Firefighters douse Allentown fire, 1 family temporarily displaced
|Record||77°F March 18, 1927||5°F March 18, 1967|