Freezing rain is rain that remains a liquid as it falls toward the surface and freezes when it contacts a surface with a temperature below freezing.
The rain can freeze on things like trees, cars, and roads, therefore forming a coating or glaze of ice on the objects.
Even small accumulations of ice can create some very slick conditions.
- - Day care owner charged in baby's 2016 death, DA says
- - Two Lehigh Valley high schools earn U.S. News 'bronze medals'
- - Man accused of hitting, killing wife with truck to stand trial
- - Northampton DA to announce findings in baby's 2016 death at day care
- - 5K aims to promote importance of flexibility
|Record||94°F April 25, 1915||27°F April 25, 1956|