Freezing rain is rain that remains a liquid as it falls toward the surface and freezes when it contacts a surface with a temperature below freezing.
The rain can freeze on things like trees, cars, and roads, therefore forming a coating or glaze of ice on the objects.
Even small accumulations of ice can create some very slick conditions.
- - Company president stores hazardous waste, faces charges
- - PHOTOS: Truck's trailer fails to clear railroad overpass
- - Police event makes wish come true for boy battling cancer
- - Smoke detectors donated in honor of boy, 9, who died in East Coventry fire
- - Police need public's help to find alleged QNB bank robber
- - 3, including a 17-year-old boy, charged in pizza delivery shooting
- - Community takes stand against hate speech in Monroe County
- - 58-year-old pizza delivery driver in critical condition
- - Pizza delivery driver shot at East Stroudsburg University
- - Police investigate early-morning shooting at East Stroudsburg University