The Pacific Ring of Fire is an area of frequent earthquakes and volcanic eruptions encircling the basin of the Pacific Ocean.
The intense seismic earthquake and volcanic activity stretches from New Zealand, along the eastern edge of Asia, north across the Aleutian Islands of Alaska, and south along the coast of North and South America.
The Ring of Fire has 452 volcanoes and is home of over 75% of the world's active and dormant volcanoes.
Also, ninety percent of the world's earthquakes and 81% of the world's largest earthquakes occur along the Ring of Fire.
- - Woman sentenced to 42 to 94 years in son's beating death
- - Handyman accused of serial rape sentenced to 60 to 120 years
- - Chester County mom gets 42-94 years for brutal beating death of son, 3
- - Company president stores hazardous waste, faces charges
- - PHOTOS: Truck's trailer fails to clear railroad overpass
- - State Police: Trooper fires on man after he points weapon
- - Neighbors of shooting victim 'devastated' by pizza delivery incident
- - Pizza delivery driver ambushed, shot; 3 charged with attempted homicide
- - 3, including a 17-year-old boy, charged in pizza delivery shooting
- - Community takes stand against hate speech in Monroe County
|Record||63°F December 12, 1931||2°F December 12, 1988|